Catalog Guide: How to Place a Hold
To place an item on hold:
- Find the item you would like to place a hold on by searching in the catalog. (searching tips)
- Once you’ve found an item you’d like, click on the orange box marked “Place Hold” near the cover image.
- If not already logged-in to your account, you will be prompted to do so. (log-in instructions)
- Notice the pick-up location, make changes as needed by clicking the drop-down arrow
- For most holds, leave “I want the first available copy” selected.
- Click on the blue Submit Hold button.
- A message at the top of the page will confirm that your hold has been placed.
To view the holds that you’ve placed:
- Log in to your account (Log In Instructions )
- Click on the drop down arrow by your name
- Click on Holds under Account Activity
This page shows a lot of information about the items you have on hold, such as:
- Arrived Holds, which are waiting to be picked up
- Position in Queue, which denotes your place on the wait list for the item
- Pickup Location, which is the library the item will be sent to for you
- Suspend Until, to set a date range for the hold
Once an item arrives for you, you will have one week to pick it up.
To cancel a hold that you’ve placed:
- Click the check-box to the right of the title of the item you’d like to cancel
- Click the blue “Cancel Hold” link at the top or bottom of the list of holds
- Your hold will immediately be removed.
Next: How to Renew