Carteret County Public Library Parking Lot Pickup is only available for items placed on hold.
Procedure for patrons:
After a patron has received confirmation that their hold is available, they are invited to utilize our parking lot pickup service.
After confirmation that a hold is available:
- Patrons should report to the branch identified as their hold location.
- Park in one of the numbered spots designated for library holds pickup.
- Open their trunk in order to accept their hold and then return to their vehicle.
- Call the library prepared to give their library card number, color, make, and model of their vehicle, and the parking space number. If all numbered spots are full, please wait for an available numbered space. Staff will ask for a verbal confirmation that the items on hold can be checked out to the patron’s library card.
- The card given over the phone must match the record containing the items for pick up. In other words, you must have your library card number available. We have no other way to identify the patron during parking lot pickup.
- A staff person will visually confirm the vehicle information and that the trunk is open and ready to accept materials and that the patron has re-entered their vehicle.
- Staff will take the materials out to the vehicle and place them in the trunk and return to the library. Once staff have moved six feet away from the vehicle, the patron can close their trunk and leave the pickup area.